Your computer is getting shipped to you!
Your laptop will be mailed 1-2 weeks before your start date. If you will be traveling at that time, add a comment to the form you received via email to let us know!
Please follow these steps to set yourself up for success:
- Go to the email called; " Your laptop tracking info!" (You should have this email by the Thursday prior to your start)
- Track your laptop and click 'Get Status Updates'. Use the dropdowns to setup SMS messaging. Turn on 'Estimated delivery updates' and 'Delivery has been made' for almost real time notifications.
- Once it arrives, please make sure the laptop has not sustained any damage during shipping.
- Please don't attempt to log in until your first day! We are going to send you an email with step-by-step login instructions on the morning of your first day.
- Click here to see additional information about your first day.
- Finally please charge your computer in a few hours prior to your start! (Not before that- there is no need to decrease your battery lifespan.)
Depending on your role and preferences we will be providing you with either MAC or a PC. The make and model varies- but rest assured that each laptop has a webcam, and all the tools that you will need for success in your new role.
Here are some examples of the makes and models we provide:
- MacBook Pro 13 inch
- MacBook Pro 16 inch
- Lenovo ThinkPad
- Dell Latitude
No worries, we've got a plan for you:
In the case that your HubSpot laptop did not arrive before your first day, please follow the steps below to join the sessions from your personal devices:
(Note: If you don’t have a personal machine that you can use- truly no worries! Just let us know and we can talk through alternative solutions )
- If you haven't already, please download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/download
- Same thing with Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/
- If you already have Chrome downloaded, please create a new user profile following this guide so you can sign in using your HubSpot credentials when you receive it on the morning of your first day.
- Finally, please email firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the delay. We can add your personal email to the correct invites.
On your first day: You will be able to sign into your HubSpot gmail with your HubSpot credentials.
You can email Helpdesk@hubspot.com with any questions or concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Move your wifi router
- Use an ethernet cable
- Turn off unused wifi devices
- Close out unused internet based application
- Restart your devices and router
- Upgrade your internet package
- Upgrade your router
- Get a wifi extender
We have put a lot of thought and work into the tech kit we offer above, but if you need additional technology for remote success, please let your manager know once you have started at HubSpot.
They will be able to partner with you and your human resource business partners to get you set up for success!
Leveraging Your Tech Stack
Navigating a tech company in a hybrid environment can certainly be a learning curve! Here at HubSpot, our technology teams work overtime to get you set up for success. Your tech stack is your portal to HubSpot and we want to make sure you have a full understanding of the technology that enables you to do your best work.
This page will give you a review of some (disclaimer you will learn about far more once you start) of the technology we use at HubSpot.
Let's get to know each system better
We are a creative, energetic group
Fun fact: HubSpot's got the 2nd largest personalized emoji bank on slack: and we are proud of it. Learn more here!
Slack is our instance messaging system internally. This renowned collaboration tool enables HubSpotters to GSD (Get sh*t done) in a quick and efficient way. It is a total plus that it is fun to use and it is a great way to express emotions via giphy or emoji.
The wonderful world of Google. From G-calendar to G-mail, Drive and Docs: We run on the G-suite applications to collaborate, share, brainstorm, and present.
If you have never used the G-Suite before, OR are coming from a Microsoft office world- have no stress! We have trainings to assist with that learning curve and can help you along the way.
Want to proactively learn about the G-Suite? Check it our favorite external trainings here!