Working from Home with Family Members?
We understand that working remotely and navigating parenthood, child care, and everything else can be incredibly difficult. Our incredible Culture team working hard to find fun & inclusive ways to keep our families engaged and educated while we WFH.
If you are worried in any way about working at HubSpot and taking care of your family: Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org we have a team of Human Resources Business Partners who are here to help you prioritize what matters most: your family.
Below you will find coloring pages, learning sessions, virtual tours and more:
- Skill Share - This service requires a subscription but there are many lessons for all ages and an entire section for kids.
- Little Beats from Home: There are live free mini classes on Instagram and Facebook - follow along to see the schedule.
- Fluency & Fitness - Reviews K-2 reading and math topics while providing a movement break. Now offering 3 weeks free!
- ReadWorks - Access thousands of high-quality, free K-12 articles and create online assignments. They are also offering a free webinar on Wednesday March 18, 12-1230PM ET called You, Your Child, & Remote Learning where parents can get tips on supporting child and teacher during remote learning, how to support reading comprehension growth at home, and how to get started with ReadWorks.
- Curriculum Associates - Offering free printable activity packets for grades K-8.
- Big Activities - Printable worksheets and activities.
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- National Geographic Kids
- Khan Academy - Free online education courses in a variety of topics. Currently offering daily schedules for ages 4-18.
- BrainPOP - Animated educational site for Kids - Science, Social Studies, English, Math, Arts & Music, Health, and Technology.
Learning Through Reading
- Raz-Kids - Online guided reading program with interactive ebooks, downloadable books, and reading quizzes
- Audible - Listen to hundreds of kid-friendly stories for FREE. Offering audio titles across six different languages (English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Japanese).
- Storyline Online - Storyline streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children's books alongside creatively produced illustrations. Readers include Viola Davis, Chris Pine, Lily Tomlin, Keven Costner, Annette Bening, James Earl Jones, Betty White and dozens more.
- Epic! - The leading digital library for kids 12 and under.
Tours and Live Webcams
- Virtual Museum Tours - Google Arts and Culture offers online tours and exhibits of hundreds of museums around the world, including local museums such as the Isabella Stuart Gardner Museum and the Museum of Fine Arts. Children may also enjoy a virtual tour of The Boston Children's Museum and the Massachusetts State House.
- San Diego Zoo Live Cam - Check in on animals at their habitats at the San Diego Zoo, from Penguins to Pandas there is something for everyone.
- The Brooklyn Public Library - Check out the The Brooklyn Public Library's Calendar to see virtual programming via Facebook including books, songs and online games for kids and teens.
- Go Noodle Channel - The Go Noodle Channel offers tons of kids dance lessons and yoga for kids to get active.
- Other Goose Curriculum (Ages 2-7) - Right now Other Goose is offering their 3 week, charter school-approved curriculum for ages 2-7 for free.
- Taronga Zoo Tour - Tour the Taronga Zoo in Sydney, Australia.
- New South Wales Play Group - Play group is a free meet up for parents and their children. This site offers activities for parents and kids.
- Live Animal Webcams - Multiple zoos and aquariums are offering live web cams to their animals and fish. The Cincinnati Zoo is taking it a step further offering a Facebook live stream every weekday at 3PM ET showcasing an animal in their exhibits and including an activity for kids to follow along at home.
The below Google Docs have come through externally - but are still some great resources available through the link. They are quite dense, so we've attached the whole doc for folks to dig through at their leisure.
See our families in action here:
At HubSpot, we’re creating connections across all generations with our annual Bring Your Families to Work Day event. Take a look at our highlights and discover how we celebrate bringing our families together—whomever or wherever they are!